Friday, October 28, 2011

Reflection 8

Classroom management class was really good again this week.

So this has been an interesting week for me. First I went to observe Amber in her business writing class. It was really interesting. I actually got to help her enter grades and it was also interesting because most of the students in the class were seniors. I was a senior only 4 years ago. I don't know if I could handle that, I feel young still. And a lot of them are taller than me. That's something I'm having a hard time understanding: how to set yourself as the authority figure. I don't feel like I am better or more smart than anyone else. That's why I sometimes freak out in front of everyone. I feel like everyone is doing a better job at this teaching thing than I ever could. Why am I the only one who's freaking out? Gah! It's just like high school... I hated presentations and I hoped by now I would be over it, but apparently I'm not. I still feel like passing out... What am I doing wrong? Like, with that STL lesson... I was totally ready for that, I even had an activity and an extension. I didn't expect that you guys would finish it so fast (it took a good half hour in my landscape class) and I didn't have anything else planned. I'm not very good at coming up with things out of thin air...

No comments:

Post a Comment